Quick guide of verses for tough times or bad thoughts or when you find yourself struggling.
These Suggestions come from Levi Lusko's Book I Declare War: 4 Keys to Winning the Battle With Yourself.
- Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging gin diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer. Romans 12:9-12
- Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it does not have. Love does not strut, doesn't have a swelled head, doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always "me first," doesn't fly off the handle, doesn't keep score of the sins of others, doesn't reveal when other grovel, takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, puts up with anything, trusts god always. always looks for the best, never looks back, but keeps going to the end. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 THE MESSAGE
- But the fruit of the Holy Spirit produces love, joy, and peace. It is patient, kind and good. It is being faithful and gentle and having control of oneself. There is no law against things of that kind. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed their sinful desires to his cross. They don't want these things anymore. Galatians 5:22-24 NIrV
- For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. (James 3:16-18)
- But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:5-8)
- For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf, but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you Amen. (Romans 16: 19-20)
- The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever. (Psalms 23:1-6)
- "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know." (John 14:1-4)
A Few More Suggestions
- "I have told you these things, so that you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
- Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous be shaken. (Psalms 55:22)
- Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)